Travel with confidence
Responsible and safe sea voyage
It is safe to hop on board and enjoy the sea to the fullest. We are doing everything together with ports in our destinations that your sea journey is comfortable. By following the guidelines throughout the trip we can assure a pleasant sea voyage. Our ships are large and spacious. Feel the fresh sea air and enjoy the sea views also on the outside decks.
Is it safe to travel?
We are doing our everything to make your cruise experience as comfortable as possible. We have executed numerous actions to make sure safety onboard is on highest level: The total amount of passengers has been decreased, restaurants and shops has limitations for entries and entertainment onboard is organized so that everyone has something to enjoy – within safe distance from others. In Sweden Tallink Silja was given a "Safe to Visit" -label by Swedish Brand Award for handling well the covid-19 situation onboard.
BEFORE THE TRIP
Get to know the travel restrictions and guidelines for your destination country, for example here: reopen.europa.eu/en
Once your departure is getting closer, do your check in in advance with Tallink Silja App or Online if possible or use the Check in machines in Terminal. Of course, our check-in desks are normally at your use if you need personal service. Read more about the app and download.
Entertainment on board
Entertainment on our vessels has been adapted to the passenger amounts and current safety measures. Depending on the route we are having the same shows twice in a night to give audiences more space. Casino tables are currently not in operation, but the slot machines can be used and are cleaned on the surface on a regular basis.
Constant reminders of keeping the distance to others is given both in announcements and also in cruise programs. You can take a picture of the current Cruise Program from the Information Desk to get the latest opening hours and the programs available.
All our ships have activities and activators for kids. Depending on the route we have also either Harry the Seal or Moomin with their friends to greet the smallest passengers. Playrooms are open and the kids program is planned so that there should not be any crowds and families can keep their distance to others. Ball pools are closed in all our vessels. For teenagers Silja Line ships have renewed interactive adventure game that will spread all over the ship
All passengers must wash or disinfect hands every time they enter restaurant of cafeteria. Disinfectant points are located near each coffee or drink machines. Crew will clean machines and surfaces often and regularly. Tongs and spoons are changed frequently, and plastic gloves are also available on Buffet restaurants. We encourge everyone to disinfect their hands several times during the dining.
Spa and Sauna departments on ships are open depending on route and ship. On some ships saunas are closed but spa areas are open. Customer numbers are restricted on all pool areas and guests are expected to take care of the good hygiene during the visit.
OUR ACTIONS FOR COMFORTABLE TRAVEL EXPERIENCE
- Cleaning processes have been intensified all around vessels and terminals.
- Disinfectant dispensers are situated to all public areas.
- Washing hands is made easily accessible and new stations are build near restaurants.
- Automated hand drying machines are removed or disabled in public toilets.
- Number of passengers entering shops and restaurants are being restricted.
- Customer service points have protective shields.
- Announcements, signs, posters and screens are guiding the passengers in several languages.
- The air does not circulate from cabin to cabin, but fresh air comes into each cabin individually.
Read more about air ventilation
- Travelers with any symptoms of COVID-19 are not allowed to embark.
TOGETHER WE WILL SUCCEED
The rules for travelling in this new normal are now different. But the scent of the Baltic Sea is still the same and horizons are as wide as before. So, lets take care of our selves and others and enjoy the up coming trips with few action points in our heads:
- Do not travel if you are sick or having any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Keep your distance to others and wait patiently your turn.
- Avoid crowed areas.
- Wash your hands properly with soap (min. 20 sec) and use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cough and sneeze to disposable handkerchief and then throw it to trash immediately. If there is no tissue available, cough or sneeze to you sleeve - never to your hands!
- Avoid using cash money, prefere card payment onboard
- Using of face mask is recommended in terminal buildings and on board in all public areas.
Step onboard and travel safely
We have made sure that your stay on board is as safe and worry-free as possible. There are disinfectant dispensers on board in all public areas and protective masks for sale. Our spacious ships offer comfortable way to travel in Baltic Sea region.
Tallink & Silja Line app
For convenient and contactless journey, download the Tallink and Silja Line app and utilize it also for check-in on Helsinki-Tallinn route.
Please follow the 2m social distancing rule throughout the trip and pay attention to all safety instructions.
For your own and others' health, we recommend wearing a protective face mask in the terminal and on board.