Wild Pure Nordic
Warm regards from the Silja Symphony kitchen
Novelty! Chef Jonas Niklasson and his kitchen team at Silja Symphony's restaurant Bon Vivant have focused on Norrland cuisine for autumn and winter season. Norrland is the northern region of Sweden with lots of forest, rivers, mountains and national parks. Try something new on your next cruise to Helsinki or Stockholm - the menu will be served on board until 3 May 2022 and can be chosen as a set menu with a drink package.
Tastes from the north
– We sat down together with my kitchen team at Silja Symphony and talked about what Norrland brought to our minds in terms of food. It turned out to be “comfort food” such as moose, reindeer, char from cold waters, Västerbotten cheese and for me personally, the best of all - cloudberry, says Jonas.
Jonas Niklasson is careful to add something sour to the dishes. Lingonberry occurs of course, but also cranberry cloud for reindeer fillet. And cloudberry soup is served with white chocolate.
Bon Vivant's new menu Västerbotten pays tribute to the flavors from northern Sweden. Pictured is broiled arctic char fillet, lingonberry muesli, stuffed potatoes & sour dill sauce.
Locally produced seasonal incredients
Hernö Gin cured elk fillet, fried sweetbread, pickled chantarelle & spruce sprout emulsion.
– My hope is that our guests will leave the table with a feeling of warm nostalgia, says Jonas Niklasson.
The raw materials used in the menu are locally produced and from the season. A lot of love and heart has been put into the menu. Enjoy the flavors of Västerbotten menu and the splendid archipelago - your evening will be perfect!
Bon Vivant is more than just a fine dining restaurant - there is also a wine bar and own wine shop inside where you can find unique quality wines for home. The wine bar's own sommelier can help selecting perfect wines for you. On board some wines are exclusively available only in Bon Vivant.
A perfect dining experience
Do you want to try the best from the menu? Order the tasting menu!
Wine package selected by our sommelier is included.
- Hernö gin cured elk fillet, fried sweetbread, pickled chanterelle & spruce sprout emulsion
- Broiled arctic char fillet, lingonberry muesli, crushed potatoes & sour dill sauce
- Roasted reindeer fillet, buttered wild cranberry sauce, cauliflower puree & fried almond potatoes
- Cloudberry soup, ice truffles & white chocolate
Four course menu including wine package 109€ /pers