Travel with confidence
Responsible and safe sea voyage
It is safe to hop on board and enjoy the sea to the fullest. We are doing everything together with ports in our destinations that your sea journey is comfortable. By following the guidelines throughout the trip we can assure a pleasant sea voyage. Our ships are large and spacious. Feel the fresh sea air and enjoy the sea views also on the outside decks.
Is it safe to travel during pandemic?
We are doing our everything to make your cruise experience as comfortable as possible. We have executed numerous actions to make sure safety onboard is on highest level. In Sweden Tallink Silja was given a "Safe to Visit" -label by Swedish Brand Award for handling well the covid-19 situation onboard.
Before the trip
Get to know the travel restrictions and guidelines for your destination country, for example here: reopen.europa.eu/en
Once your departure is getting closer, do your check in in advance with Tallink Silja App or Online if possible or use the Check in machines in Terminal. Of course, our check-in desks are normally at your use if you need personal service. Read more about the app and download.
Entertainment on board
We have live music and entertainment on board. Slot machines can be used and the surface being cleaned on a regular basis. You can take a picture of the current Cruise Program from the Information Desk to get the latest opening hours and the programs available.
Entertainment calendar (choose ship and departure)
All our ships have activities and activators for kids. Depending on the route we have also either Harry the Seal or Moomin with their friends to greet the smallest passengers. Playrooms and ball pools are open and the kids program is carefully planned so that there and be enough social distancing. For teenagers Silja Line ships have renewed interactive adventure game that will spread all over the ship
All passengers must wash or disinfect hands every time they enter restaurant of cafeteria. Disinfectant points are located near each coffee or drink machines. Crew will clean machines and surfaces often and regularly. Tongs and spoons are changed frequently, and plastic gloves are also available on Buffet restaurants. We encourge everyone to disinfect their hands several times during the dining.
Spa and Sauna departments on ships are open depending on route and ship. On some ships saunas are closed but spa areas are open. Guests are expected to take care of the good hygiene during the visit.
OUR ACTIONS FOR COMFORTABLE TRAVEL EXPERIENCE
- Cleaning processes have been intensified all around vessels and terminals.
- Disinfectant dispensers are situated to all public areas.
- Washing hands is made easily accessible and new stations are build near restaurants.
- Automated hand drying machines are removed or disabled in public toilets.
- Customer service points have protective shields.
- Announcements, signs, posters and screens are guiding the passengers in several languages.
- The air does not circulate from cabin to cabin, but fresh air comes into each cabin individually.
Read more about air ventilation
- Travelers with any symptoms of COVID-19 are not allowed to embark.
TOGETHER WE WILL SUCCEED
The rules for travelling in this new normal are now different. But the scent of the Baltic Sea is still the same and horizons are as wide as before. So, lets take care of our selves and others and enjoy the up coming trips with few action points in our heads:
- Do not travel if you are sick or having any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Keep your distance to others and wait patiently your turn.
- Avoid crowed areas.
- Wash your hands properly with soap (min. 20 sec) and use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cough and sneeze to disposable handkerchief and then throw it to trash immediately. If there is no tissue available, cough or sneeze to you sleeve - never to your hands!
- Avoid using cash money, prefere card payment onboard
- Using of face mask is recommended in terminal buildings and on board in all public areas. According to the Estonian authorities, it is mandatory to wear a face mask in public areas on board ships operating with Estonian flag: Megastar, Star, Silja Europa & Baltic Queen.
Step onboard and travel safely
Read more about important travel advice